Register on our platform and join the Group of Experts.
Virtual Multimodal Museum (ViMM) is a high-visibility and participative Coordination and Support Action (CSA), funded under the EU Horizon 2020 programme (CULT-COOP-8-2016). ViMM brings together Europe and the world’s leading public and private sector organisations working on Virtual Museums and in the wide sector of Digital Cultural Heritage (DCH) to support high quality policy development, decision making and the use of technical advances. The partner consortium will be supported by an expert Advisory Group in building the ViMM Framework, involving decision-makers and practitioners in defining and resolving issues spread across 7 interlinked Thematic Areas (‘the 7 Ds’): Definitions, Directions, Documentation, Dimensions, Demand, Discovery and Decisions.
Major results will include, a highly interactive and wide-reaching ViMM communication platform which will:
- enable focused contributions and discussion by everyone interested
- represent excellence in Virtual Museums and DCH
- provide a decision-support tool for stakeholders
- Key events at policy and practitioner/ stakeholder levels and extensive use of the media
- A clearer, evidence-based view of the impact of Virtual Museums and Digital Cultural Heritage on society and the economy
The final result of the project will be the EU H2020 Manifesto and Roadmap for EU Action on DCH, which will be validated at the final ViMM international conference in 2019.
Dr. Marinos Ioannides