The 27th international CIPA symposium will take place in Ávila (Spain) from the 1st to the 5th of September 2019. This symposium will be the second international congress that CIPA-ICOMOS celebrates in Spain after twenty-seven years. Feel welcome to join nearly half a thousand experts in cultural heritage documentation and conservation.
The main aims of this 27th international CIPA symposium are:
- to meet experts on heritage documentation from other countries;
- to develop an interdisciplinary platform for exchanging experiences and fostering the communication (bridging the gap) between data users and data providers;
- to encourage and promote the development of principles and good practices for recording, documentation and information management of cultural heritage;
- to provide international sessions for conservation and IT professionals, students and site personnel with tutorials during the Symposium;
- to involve government bodies, regional authorities, non-profit groups and institutions on tools, technology and methods for using technology;
- to reinforce CIPA’s international network of professionals in both the fields of technology and cultural heritage for scientific research but also applied practical experience;
- to provide a platform for the exchange of ideas, best practices as well as scientific research papers.
More information about this symposium can be found on the official webpage.